Terms and Conditions
By participating in any of Epic Adventure Co’s (Epic) activities or by purchasing or hiring any of their products, you agree to all of the following Terms and Conditions:
Products Purchased or Hired from Epic Adventure Co
- Products purchased from Epic Adventure Co that are utilised for the purposes of safety are not returnable or refundable.
- Epic Adventure Co resells/retails third person products, and as such, makes no guarantee of their performance. In the event of equipment failure, or of being faulty upon arrival, the product may be repaired or replaced by the manufacturer in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty, and any costs incurred will be your responsibility.
- Products hired from Epic Adventure Co are used at your own risk and you accept full responsibility for any harm that may be caused to your person, your dependents or your property as a result of using them.
- Any misuse of hired products that results in breakage or damage to the hired product will incur the full replacement cost of which you must pay at the time of discovering the damage.
- Epic Adventure Co has a ZERO tolerance policy for any form of abuse or disrespectful behaviour. We put our hearts into giving you an amazing time. You agree to behave and communicate toward Epic with respect at all times, without any abusive behaviour or language. This includes such things as threats, emotional manipulation and other forms of coercion.
- This is an ongoing contract that applies to all activities undertaken from the day of your first purchase, waiver or activity, whichever comes first.
- Under 18’s must have parental consent to participate in events. If a parent/guardian is not present at the event, parental consent must be given to Epic Adventure Co in writing prior to the event, and be accepted by Epic. Please note that certain events require a parent/guardian to participate in the event with under 18’s. Check the adventure details if unsure.
- For safety or other reasons, Epic Adventure Co reserves the right to decline any person’s request to participate, such as, but not limited to, if they are influenced by drugs or alcohol, or not at an appropriate mental, physical or skill level, or if point 1 above of this General section of these terms and conditions applies. Epic accepts no liability for any fault, blame or cost.
- Epic Adventure Co also reserves the right to alter the location, day, or time of activities, such as for weather conditions, pandemics, access issues, insurance issues, participant numbers not met, or instructor availability. Epic accepts no liability for any fault, blame or cost.
- You are advised that rock climbing, abseiling and other adventure type endeavours are dangerous activities with obvious risks of injury, disability or death. As with any physical activity or sport, e.g. rugby or soccer, there is a high chance that you may be injured at some point, and this injury may bring harm to you physically, mentally or financially (but not limited to these). Being physically and mentally demanding activities, you may also experience panic, hyperventilation or heart attack (but not limited to these).
- There is also a high degree of risk to your personal property, such as clothing or devices being damaged. You acknowledge that these harms are part-in-parcel with rock climbing, abseiling and other adventure type activities, and you agree to never hold Epic Adventure Co, its owners, operators, employees, helpers, affiliates or third parties liable for such harm to your person or property, even if it could be perceived that it is due to an error in Epic’s judgment.
- To remove all possible risks of harm is detrimental to the purpose of undertaking these sorts of adventures. Doing so would take away the adventure, excitement and satisfaction. The only way to remove all such risks would be to simply watch others enjoy them on TV from the comfort of our homes.
- Despite Epic Adventure Co holding suitable liability insurance for their adventures, due to the nature of outdoor adventure activities and liability limitations, it is still possible that some of Epic’s activities, or aspects of their activities, are not fully insured, and you accept this risk.
- In summary, by participating in adventures with Epic Adventure Co, there is a tiny chance you will either die or be seriously injured, and you agree that you are participating in these activities solely at your own risk.
- You hereby agree with and declare the following statements:
- I acknowledge that activities involving nature are not failsafe and there is no way of controlling conditions or outcomes that may arise, and I accept all the risks involved in participating in these activities.
- I acknowledge that some risks are always present and can never be avoided, such as injury arising from rock fall and lead falls. I accept this risk and will not hold Epic Adventure Co liable.
- I understand that even when equipment appears safe, and is used safely, there is still a risk of equipment failure that may bring harm to my person or my property, and I accept this risk.
- I agree to pay Epic Adventure Co the full retail replacement cost of any equipment owned by Epic that I lose or break at the time of breaking or losing it.
- I acknowledge that it is necessary for Epic Adventure Co’s instructors and guides to sometimes physically touch me and the equipment I am wearing during activities. I understand that this is for benevolent reasons, such as for ensuring safety, or for comforting/encouraging when scared. I agree to never use this as a reason to accuse of molestation or abuse.
- I understand that this is a legally binding contract that is also binding on my heirs, next of kin, executors, and administrators.
- I have read these terms and conditions and understand the risks involved in rock climbing, abseiling and other adventure type activities, and participate entirely at my own volition and risk.
- I hereby release Epic Adventure Co, its owners, operators, employees, helpers, affiliates and third parties from any liability, and agree to never take any legal action against (or seek compensation) from them or their insurers for any harm done to my person, dependents or property, even if it could be perceived that it is due to an error in Epic’s judgment.
Payment, Refunds and Date Changes
- If paying via direct bank transfer, you must make payment immediately, and inform of us that you have made the payment within 24 hours of placing the order, otherwise your order may be cancelled.
- Unless agreed otherwise in writing, refunds are not given for any reason, however you will be able to swap event days and times for a valid reason (e.g. serious injury or illness, bereavement etc). It costs EPIC hundreds of dollars when people do not show up, so you will need to supply us with written evidence of your reason at the time of informing us. Note: Changes cannot be made if Epic is given less than 48 hours notice prior to the time of your event.
- Single-use tickets are transferable, meaning they can be used by anybody who holds them. They are not person specific. If you cannot use your ticket for any reason, you are allowed to give it to someone else or sell it.
- If a ticket has not been redeemed before its validity date, Epic Adventure Co may extend its validity under certain conditions. Extensions up to three months incur an admin fee of 30% of the value of the ticket, with a minimum fee of $30. Six month extensions incur a 50% admin fee, with a minimum of $50.
- In the rare case that Epic Adventure Co, prior to your purchase, has agreed in writing to offer a refund under specific conditions, all costs incurred in the sale or refund process, including a $30 admin fee, will be deducted from the original purchase amount prior to any refund being issued. Examples of non-refundable portions are: purchase or refund transaction costs, commissions and fees paid to third parties such as Laybuy or Paypal, admin fee, restocking costs, postage etc.
- Except for private events and our Epic Kids Program, minimum numbers apply for events to run to ensure our costs are covered.
- Rock Climbing Kangaroo Point, Abseiling Kangaroo Point, as well as Glasshouse Mountains Rock Climbing and Longest Abseil in QLD events require a minimum of six participants.
- 5 Caves, 5 Abseils, 8hrs of Adrenaline, plus our Secret Caves, Secret Climbs, 8hrs of Spice events require at least four participants.
- In the event that minimum numbers are not met, refunds are not given, but you have two options:
- Join a future date, or
- Pay the Small Group Surcharge of 40% of the value of your ticket, with a minimum of $40 per person for Kangaroo Point events, or $80 per person minimum for Glasshouse Mountains events.
- Unless advised otherwise in writing, ALL public holidays incur a Public Holiday Surcharge of 40% of the value of your ticket, with a minimum of $40 per person for Kangaroo Point events, or $80 per person minimum for Glasshouse Mountains events.
- Unless agreed otherwise in writing from Epic Adventure Co, products and services will only be supplied to the customer upon Epic receiving cleared funds in full, whether this be directly from the customer or indirectly via a third party such as Paypal or Laybuy. This is normally immediately, except in unusual circumstances or if paying by direct bank deposit.
- Payment in cleared funds is required prior to being added to specific events.
- Prices are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- If these Terms and Conditions are revised at any point, you hereby agree to the updated Terms and Conditions.
- Should any part of these Terms and Conditions be found to be invalid, the remainder shall remain valid as permitted by law.
- Epic Adventure Co does not see or store any credit card details.
- Contact information supplied to Epic Adventure Co may be used for event updates, marketing and informational purposes.
- Photos or videos of you taken by Epic Adventure Co remain the property of Epic and may be used for promotional purposes, such as on their Facebook page or website.